Q18. Can a non-resident owning / holding an agricultural land / a plantation property / a farm house in India sell the said property?

  • NRI / PIO /OCI may sell agricultural land /plantation property/farm house to a person resident in India who is a citizen of India.
  • Foreign national of non-Indian origin resident outside India would need prior approval of the Reserve Bank to sell agricultural land/plantation property/ farm house in India.